Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Issues Paper

I chose prompt #2 for my issues paper. I will be researching specifically on how different translations may possibly enhance one's understanding and background knowledge of the Bible. Also, I might touch on why we, as the LDS church, have been commanded to use the King James version. There is so much information, specifically academic and quite scholarly information, that I could sort through.  But after listening to Elder Oaks's talk, I will focus on analyzing just a little bit of information instead of trying to go through tons of information. Below are the questions I will be answering in my research paper.

What about the research on ancient Greek and Hebrew texts that has been done since 1611? Has that research created a more accurate rendering of Biblical teachings, and provided more cultural context (which scholars believe is the case for translations like the NRSV or the JTS)? 

No comments:

Post a Comment